Monday 8 February 2010

I love rugby.

That's right. I am now a huge rugby fan, and plan on going to see all the six.. uh.. nation.. thingies.. matches.

Okay. I might not be able to get away with claiming to like a sport, of any kind, but I did have an exceedingly enjoyable day watching the rugby on Saturday.

In Warwick, me and my friends went to the pub to watch the Ireland vs. Someone Else match, and around 2 minutes in, when I realised the game consisted of jumping on people, and only throwing backwards (Why?! Just why?!), I decided something had to be done.

And then I noticed the pile of board games piled up on the side of the bar. Absolute genius. I've seen board games in pubs before, obviously, but I genuinely think that in order to get a licence, pubs must be forced, by law, to supply a minimum of five board games.

We chose 'Game of Life' - Not the most mainstream of choices, and definitely underated. There was a tense moment when my female friend ended up with no children at the end of the game, and we were all worried for a moment, but we struggled through. I got two boys, which was rather unfortunate, but I traded one of them and an onion ring for a girl from another player, so it all worked out.

I didn't win, but that's only because everyone else cheated. Ahem.

The point is, there is actually another use for a pub, other than alcohol and cheap Sunday lunches. It can also be used as a warm alternative to a student house, with free board games, and this needs to be exploited! FREE BOARD GAMES, PEOPLE. Definitely better than rugby.

Although, it has to be said, there is one thing people must remember when playing board games with me. If I am losing (which clearly never happens), I will throw Scrabble tiles. In your eyes.

:)

1 comment:

  1. So what made you love this sport? Was it because of the gorgeous players or was it because it's extreme? Many people don't appreciate how awesome this sport is. Actually, me and my boys love rugby for one reason: 'Coz it's UNIQUE!

    ReplyDelete